Hey there, Boise families! With summer just around the corner, it’s time to start planning exciting adventures for your kids! What better way to keep them entertained, engaged, and having a blast than by enrolling them in some fantastic summer camps right here in Boise Idaho? We’ve done some digging and gathered information on seven top-notch summer camps that are sure to make this summer an unforgettable one. Check them out!
7 Fantastic Summer Camps for Kids in Boise, Idaho!
- City of Boise Summer Camps and Activities: Boise Parks and Recreation is hosting various programs this summer. Sign up for an art class, enroll your child in a summer camp, learn how to play pickleball or choose from a variety of other options. From sports to nature exploration and creative arts, these camps offer a wide range of activities for children, teens, and adults this summer. Whether they’re into soccer, swimming, hiking, or arts and crafts, there’s a program to match their interests. These programs also incorporate field trips to local attractions, making the summer experience even more fun!
- Boise Art Museum Art Camps for Children: For the young artists in our community, the Boise Art Museum Art Camps are a dream come true. These camps offer a nurturing environment where children can unleash their creativity and learn various art techniques. From painting and sculpture to mixed media and more, campers will be encouraged to express themselves and develop their artistic skills through hands-on projects and interactive workshops. Campers will spend time with original artwork and make their own projects in the studio every day. Summer art camp activities are inspired by current exhibitions and taught by professional artists and educators.
- Boise Rock School Rock Camps: Boise Rock School has rock camps (as in rock n roll) for students ages 3-18. Campers will get to form a band, learn cover songs and write original tunes! The camp ends with one of Boise Rock School’s legendary gigs! Camps run all summer long. Register online.
- Boise State Summer Youth Sports Programs: The Summer Youth Sports Program (SYSP) at Boise State University offers physical activity summer sessions for children ages 5 to 14. Participants will get to try a bunch of different sports activities including rock climbing, swimming, field sports, gym sports and more. The goal of the program is to provide kids from age 6-14 with a variety of fun, developmentally appropriate sports and activities that can improve overall athleticism, coordination, and skill development. Programs are offered throughout the summer.
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival Summer Camps: Idaho Shakespeare Festival offers four summer camps for kids from age 2 to 18. Camps include Camp Shakespeare, Camp Broadway, Camp Musical, and Camp Improv. Each camp concludes with a performance open to the public. Register on their website: Idaho Shakespear Festival .
- YMCA Summer Day Camps: The Treasure Valley YMCA offer a variety of action-packed programs for everyone. From swimming and outdoor games to arts and crafts, these camps provide a well-rounded experience. With a focus on building character, teamwork, and leadership skills, the YMCA camps are designed to ensure that your child has an unforgettable summer filled with new friends and exciting experiences. There are several locations in the Treasure Valley.
- Zoo Boise Summer Zoo Camps: 🐾 Calling all animal lovers! The Boise Zoo Safari Camp offers an incredible opportunity for kids to explore the wonders of wildlife in a fun and educational setting. From up-close animal encounters to exciting scavenger hunts, your children will embark on a wild adventure they’ll never forget. With several different programs, this camp is suitable for kids of various ages and interests.
There are many more summer camps in Boise Idaho. Check out the list from BoiseSummerCamps.org
You will want to register for the programs you want as soon as possible as these camps tend to fill up quickly! Contact each camp directly for more information on dates, prices, and registration.
Summer time is a time for exploration and making lasting memories. So, go ahead and make this summer one to remember by enrolling your kids in these incredible summer camps right here in Boise, Idaho!
Have a fantastic summer, Boise families!