If you’re looking for places to eat in Boise and the Treasure Valley on Cinco de Mayo, there are many great options. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Cafe Ole: This popular restaurant is one of Boise’s “OG’s*” as far as Mexican Cuisine goes. They have a location in Meridian, and one on Milwaukee, next to Boise Town Square Mall. They will have several food and drink specials on Cinco De Mayo, including House Margaritas for $3.95. Get there early. They do not take reservations.
- The Matador: This upscale Mexican restaurant and tequila bar offer a more sophisticated dining experience. They have a large selection of tequilas and creative Mexican-inspired cocktails. They serve scratch-made Mexican dishes with always fresh ingredients and creative plate presentations. There are two locations in the Treasure Valley, including in Meridian at The Village and on 8th Street in downtown Boise. They do not take reservations.
- Andrade’s: This locally owned Mexican restaurant on Overland Road in Boise is truly a Treasure Valley favorite, having won “Best of Boise-Mexican Food” for several years. They serve authentic Mexican cuisine in a beautiful setting. They often have “all you can eat” lunch specials. Check their Facebook page for details.
- Chapala Mexican Restaurant: This local chain of Mexican restaurants is known for its tasty burritos and tacos. They have five locations in the Treasure Valley, including Boise and Nampa.
- Casa Mexico: Another Treasure Valley favorite with locations in Boise, Eagle, and Middleton, Idaho. They are famous for their fajitas and carne asada. Your family will love this authentic Mexican restaurant. Reservations not required.
No matter where you eat in Boise on Cinco de Mayo, you will surely find a margarita or taco you will love. Did we miss your favorite Mexican Restaurant in the Treasure Valley? Let us know in the comments!
*OG: Definition: OG, in American slang, means “original gangster“. The meaning of OG is someone or something that is an original or originator and especially one that is highly respected or regarded. Source: Merriam-Webster.com