Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 14th, and there’s no better way to celebrate than with a delicious meal with Mom. Whether you’re looking for classic brunch or something more dinner-like, the Treasure Valley has many wonderful restaurants to choose from. Here are our top 10 places to take Mom for Mother’s Day brunch in Boise, Meridian, Caldwell, Nampa, and the greater Treasure Valley.
- Ling and Louie’s: – This Asian-inspired restaurant on Eagle Road in Meridian has two ways to celebrate Mother’s Day this year. You can take Mom to a special Brunch + Bubbles from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, and then from 3:00 pm to close; she can choose a delicious two-course Mother’s Day dinner menu with her choice of a delectable appetizer and specialty entrée. Brunch includes a special Mother’s Day Mimosa Spread! Reservations are recommended. Find out more on their website.
- Barbecoa: It’s always a special occasion when you go out to Barbecoa for dinner and Mother’s Day especially. Located in east Boise, Barbacoa is described as an upscale experience, art museum, and culinary joy to your senses. Menu items focus on fresh food from the Pacific Northwest, with a hint of Southwest influence. Mom can choose entrees such as steak or pasta or seafood such as the Mixed Seafood Grill, which is a beautiful plate of marinated shrimp, scallops, fish, onion, and bell peppers with coconut rice. Reservations required. Barbecoa is open from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm on Mother’s Day.
- Tupelo Honey: This Southern-inspired restaurant in downtown Boise cooks up a delicious scratch-made brunch menu with items like Tupelo Shrimp and Grits and Country-Style Fried Chicken & Waffles. Mom will love their delicious mimosas and vegetarian brunch options. Reservations are recommended.
- Joe Momma’s Breakfast Eatery: This family-owned restaurant in Meridian is a Treasure Valley favorite. Known for homestyle breakfasts such as Three-Meat Hash with sausage, bacon, and ham over a bed of house potatoes topped with cheddar cheese. They also serve Mom’s breakfast favorites like omelets, waffles, and pancakes. Get there early. Reservations are unavailable, and it’s not unusual to see a line of people waiting outside. You can get your name on the wait list by visiting their website. They are open from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm on Mother’s Day.
- Biscuit & Hogs: Biscuit & Hogs is a sister company of the Treasure Valley’s famous, The Original Sunrise Cafe (which is also a great place to take mom for Mother’s Day brunch!) As the name suggests, this restaurant specializes in biscuits and pork. Their brunch menu includes items like The Hog, two eggs served with signature pork belly bacon strips & hog style Idaho home fries. Served with a half biscuit smothered in our country gravy. They are open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm on Mother’s Day. Get there early or get on the waitlist on their website.
- Huck House Brunchette: This cute and cozy “brunette” in Garden City has a delicious brunch menu with a twist like Savory French Toast, Thick slices of local brioche bread dipped in a savory Parmesan & spice-infused egg batter. Topped with rich homemade hollandaise, farm fresh eggs, & sprinkled with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Served with a side of fresh strawberries. They are open on Mother’s Day from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Reservations are recommended. See their website for details.
- Bacon Boise: Located in downtown Boise, Bacon lives up to its name with various bacon-centric dishes on its brunch menu. From bacon and egg sliders to the scrumptious Chicken Fried Bacon Steak with southern gravy, fried eggs, breakfast potatoes, okra, and a biscuit. Bacon is open daily 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. Get there early. They do not take reservations.
- The Egg Factory: With several locations in Boise and Nampa, the Egg Factory is another Treasure Valley favorite. They serve up breakfast any way you like it. They are famous for their Giant cinnamon rolls! Get there early as they do not take reservations.
- The Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is a favorite of moms everywhere. They have two locations in the Treasure Valley, including one in Boise and one in Nampa. Mom will love to build her own breakfast just like she likes it, with favorites such as waffles, pancakes, and stewed apples. Reservations are not required, and you can join the waitlist online.
- Fork: in downtown Boise offers cuisine inspired by the Northwest region using the finest and freshest locally sourced seasonal ingredients. Mom will love the freshly prepared Northwest Scramble made with roasted butternut squash, mushrooms, caramelized onion, smashed garlic potatoes, Ballard Farms cheddar & sage crème fraiche. Fork is open from 9:30 am – 9:00 pm on Mother’s Day. Reservations recommended.
No matter which restaurant you choose, Mom will indeed have a delicious and memorable Mother’s Day brunch in Boise’s Treasure Valley. Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know in the comments!
Moving to the Treasure Valley? Let us help you find your dream home! Contact us today!